September 22, 2017

Random dungeon 2

Second dungeon adventure, this time with a maze twice as large. This one what to be the technical level, so I thought I had to let more empty rooms. That was my first mistake. It made the dungeon twice more boring. Players were hoping to kill the lich at this stage. Witch I had no idea. So we spent a lot of time play hide and seek. In particular as players stated to avoid other monsters as much as possible to catch over Headhunter. Random generated monsters were beholders, vampires, ghosts, mummies, wraiths, and shadows. Actually, only beholders and vampires were checked on the table but as I had so much room to fill, I thought to use a area encounter system, instead of the classic DMT (door, monster, treasure).

Duergars were supposed to live here too. yes, I know, that's a problem.

To prevent undeads to attack duergars they had to be under the command of an arch-undead, different from the lich. This second-in-command could have been a vampire-mage. So say hello to my new villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment